Tuesday, 6 August 2013

THE SEEKER AND THE WANDERER

The Seeker and the Wanderer
Was not your name less of one?

The encounter was one unexpected,
Yet I turned and behold,
There you were,
 A sister of the night and you, of the rest and midday sun.

It was kind, this encounter,
And pleasant;
 The truth of it I will say.

I wasn't whom you thought,
 But of whom I was, I surely quoth.
A wanderer from the beginning,
 So lost, and so cold.

A seeker were you
 Albeit you didn't say,
this I did believe.
 the bliss and the ray.

My soul reached out for the moment
 But you sister’s words were ‘follow’:
My heart was dark,
 For the light of the morrow.

You were indeed a seeker,
 For you moved as an angel;
My steps were really hindered,
 when I skimped across the shadows.

My heart was weak,
My strength was faint,
The tracks of light did surely fade.

I am a seeker 
searching, as you, for the best;
and I hope the Light created directs the wandering Child.


This work was composed on July 28, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment